Monday, April 11, 2011

Project #5 Band Logo


Description: This was a project my friend had commissioned me for. His band, The Dakota Badlands, needed a logo created for upcoming shows during this month. After providing him first sketches he chose a few that he liked and I then translated them on to the computer. These werethe first four, simple, got the point across and room to build upon.


That was the next step to take those four and bulid upon them. Thats when I can up with the next set. As much as Id like to post all 8 sets, Ill spare you the headache. This is a compilation of all the logos thus far. They are organized in basically the way in which the evolution of each had taken place. Some designs as you can see usually got cut, then revisited down the road. However at this point, I have lost communication with my friend in regards to the logo, clients drop off the grid sometimes, the world is not perfect. So in this case I chose my personal favorite to alteast wrap up the project within class and revisit the design when and if i hear word back. I chose the deign below because it was simple, recognizable, easy to read, and looked "cool" and "hip"as my friend would say. this was actually the final design he wanted me to continue with. Well aside from that this poject included much back and forth to achieve a final design. So hopfully in the future this will be used to represent the Dakota Badlands, as is its intention.
Skills Learned: During this project I definately learned better about the skill of development and collaboration. I have a better grasp of some of the tools in Illustrator and am better skilled in logo design.
Self Reflection: This project was by far the longest ive done so far. Took the time that usually would make two, due to the client factor introduced, could not just pick my own favorite but rather go by what he wanted the entire way. However I think I did well all in all through out. Though, I come times where I had no input or direction to go by, leading to many logos being scrapped, but thats what comes with design.
Participation/Project: 10/10


No comments:

Post a Comment