Monday, May 16, 2011

Project #8: CD Redesign

    So for my next project, I figured why not do a redesign of a cd cover for one of my favorite bands. however why stop at a redesign, and why not just create an entirely new album cover for a fictional future album. I am already working on it now, and will be honoring Motley Crue.
    Basically the theme for this cover was in reference to an album called "Dr. Feelgood". The first design I wanted to implement an aspect from an old T-shirt I had, that being the "Dr.X" logo that you see below. As per the title, as its a reference to the "Dr. Feelgood" album, I named it "The Doctor Is Back". However this cover just seemed lacking and overall boring.



















    So I went back and took an aspect of the original album cover and replaced the "Dr.X" logo with the medical symbol. I put a red glow around it and then a gradient to the black background to further add to the overall design. I also looked up other album covers by them to see the kind of style they used. They had relatively simple designs, but designs that were eye catching. That what I tried to achieve with the final cover design.

No comments:

Post a Comment