Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Project #4- Videogame Cover Redesign

Description: This project was a continuation of a project from last year that never was fully finished. I redesigned the box art, both front and back, of the video game called "Gears of War 2". In creating this cover I went online and found a basic "Xbox 360" box art template already scaled to the right proportions and dementions for the actual box. With that I didn't have to waist time recreating everything from scratch. For the front portion I gave it a simple look and gave it attributes of the limited editions which I found to be the coolest and most simple. As for the back portion, I kept all of the original text so that nothing was made up or mis-worded. Fonts I tried to match up to keep authenticity and style of the overall game. And to keep the back recognizable as a game description tool, I kept snapshots of the game and then the descriptions.
Skills Learned: In the design of the cover, I had to spend a lot of time looking at already created covers to see proper layout of information such as ratings and disclaimers. Although no new photoshop skills were learned, I did learn a better grasp of layout and organization.
Self Reflection: I feel that the final product came out well. Although a problems that I did run into were finding fonts that matched the theme and completely scraping my original design that was made last year. I did feel though that the back portion could have been better, more eye catchy to make you want to read the description. Also it was quite difficult to find a picture where I cold read the text to recreate it in the new cover, I ended up bringing in my own copy of the came for all the text eeded. Aside from that I enjoyed working on this project and the cover looks pretty good when its in a game box.
Project/Participation: 10/8

No comments:

Post a Comment